Voltron: Legendary Defender

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Is this anime? No. Since we don't really have a cartoon forum, I figured I could get away with putting it in here. Besides, much like Teen Titans (not to be confused with the steaming shit pile that is Teen Titans Go!) and a few modern cartoons it shares a lot of tropes and stereotypes of anime. The sweatdrop, the pratfall, etc., etc. You can definitely see some Japanese influence on the animators.

Anyone here a Voltron fan? Discuss your fan theories, thoughts on the current season (season 6 just came on out Netflix!), and general Voltron nerdiness here.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/go-lion The original english subbed series.

Staff
Super Moderator
@eimi
Have you seen the netflix version? If so, what are your thoughts? How does it stack up to the original?

Double-page supporter
Genre is not about the who's the creator, but the audience.
If Nipponese and Weabs like it, then it's an anime in my eyes.
But, Legendary Defender is one of those anime-lookin show where majority of its audience doesn't watch a lot of anime and people who regularly watches anime doesn't pick up Voltron either, so...

I have watch S1~S5. So far so 'okay.' A solid 6/10.

Staff
Super Moderator
@eimi
Consider watching it. It's pretty awesome!

@Archomp
If you have Netflix, season 6 just came out. The next to last episode gave me chills. Top 5 episodes of any cartoon ever, for me.

Double-page supporter
Well, since I've just caught up to season 7, let's bump this thread
Season 7, especially the last 5 episode or so, is pretty great.
The first half of it is pretty slow, some episodes are even quite boring honestly. Even redoing the whole "We gotta work together, Go teamwork!" plot line for the 18th time.
But once they got to Earth, the shit really really got real.
For people who just want mecha vs mecha fight, not the well written character driven story, look forward to the last episode

Staff
Super Moderator
@Archomp
I haven't finished season 7 yet. Watched the first episode of it and it looks decent. Remember to keep stuff in spoilers please.

Dex-chan lover
It's a good show. The fight on the planet with the clones in season 6 is my favorite moment from the series.

I feel like the creators really played the shit out of the people looking for LGBT representation in the show during S7. They've been gassing up that element of the series for years (I think?) but didn't do much with it.

Users who are viewing this thread