Won't stay logged in on Ipad?

Group Leader
Idk what the issue is and if it's on MD's part or just my system's, but I've noticed that whenever I'm using my ipad I have to log in every time I access the site (through safari, as far as I know not on a "mobile" version of the site or anything), even when I hit the "Remember me"/"keep me logged in" toggle. It's a bit annoying bc it also doesn't save my preferences so I have to go and change from single page mode to full load each time.
My computer I have no issue with, it's just the ipad. Now that I'm typing this, maybe it's safari? Anyone else experience this?

Group Leader
Same. Appears completely random whether it will boot me while transitioning between chapters or finishing the updated chapters & transitioning back to title. Private mode and regular mode seem to make no appreciable difference.

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
@Lexical does your IP change often? Any browser addons that might manipulate cookies or your browser information like stricter privacy tools?

Group Leader
Whoops I totally forgot about this post lol. I'll look into my cache/cookie settings, that might be it.
I'm not very savvy with the iPad, I only have it because my school forced me to buy it lol. So if its a setting you have to actively search out to change it's likely not been. IE, everything should be on default settings. On the flip side though, if that is the default then that's probably the issue lol.

Dex-chan lover
@gomichandesu you know...this is the first time i've heard of a school forcing you to buy an ipad. but maybe it's just because i'm asian and laptops are more of the norm here. or maybe because i'm just old lol. but anyway i occasionally read from the ipad too and i never get randomly logged out. my only main gripe with reading on ipad is the very slow page loading that occasionally fails (go red). this issue didn't happen before the temp domain move back then

Group Leader
@wolvenworks
Whew lad, sorry I'm gonna rant for a second.
It was all a big scam tbh. Apple gave my school a kickback to force it's students to buy it's products. Like I shit you not, if I declined to "rent" a Univeristy iPad (Of which apple gave the college a set for free or little cost, and the rental was so high they paid off the full price of the iPad within 1 single year of renting them) I had to sign a LEGAL DOCUMENT stating I would purchase my own. It also had to be the brand new iPad at the time, which was like 600 bucks. No older model would suffice. If you didn't provide proof of purchase, you could get dropped from your courses without refund.
My major (education) and the computer science majors were hit with the "program". For us education majors, they claimed the reasoning was because most schools are going 1-1 (meaning every student is being issued a private computer type device by the school district) and we'd need to know how to utilize it in our lessons. That much was true, but the kicker? Not a single school district within the college's radius was using ipads (sans 1 elementary school lol, and we were all secondary education majors). They all had chromebooks, or other windows laptops. I was pissed bc for one I hate apple bc they're a greedy ass company, and 2 I was saving for a new computer that could do everything the stupid iPad could do and more. They stated we'd also absolutely need the ipad to conduct our own college courses with. I made a point to see just how far I could get without ever bringing the thing to class. With an emulator installed, I never did. They could not throw a single assignment at me that I absolutely had to use the ipad for. My computer worked just fine. I literally mounted the ipad on my dorm wall with some command hooks and used it as a $600 digital clock for lulz. (Now it's just mounted in my craft room to be a youtube/manga machine)
The computer science majors though were even more pissed and rightfully so, because they all complained that there was zero evidence to suggest that anything other than windows was being used in their field. Like, all the graduates that came out after all this mess bitched that no employer was impressed by their macbooks and wished they had more windows experience. And they got saddled with a 2500 macbook. Guess the ed majors could count themselves lucky, I literally saw gofund me pages up for the computer science majors begging for help in paying for these beasts. Some said they were forced to drop out of their major because they couldn't afford it. All the school had to say was "we have rentals!" which you could rent from the school for a thousand a semester. 😒

Anyway, basically fuck apple, fuck my old college, and fuck me for ending up dropping out of the education major after I already bought the thing. I at least bailed before I spent a single penny on the certification tests though, of which there were 8 and each cost 3-500 a piece to take (and everyone failed/retook at least 1-2 of them).
Moral of the story, don't be a teacher in Missouri in particular. Their education system is an absolute clusterfuck full of impossible standards and expectations without the actual pay to make it worth it. They really prey upon the people who do it out of passion there.

Find a lawyer. get a class action lawsuit going. stipulate in the contract with the lawyer that the bulk of any settlement should go towards the costs of the ipad/macs, with the lawyer getting 75% of the remainder. Cause thats a form of Tying https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tying_(commerce), possible Collusion, and Bribery.

Your states Antitrust law page
https://ago.mo.gov/civil-division/consumer/antitrust-laws/what-are-the-antitrust-laws

*edit* Almost any State AG worth electing would jump at a chance to get money in a settlement from Apple for antitrust stuff. Specially if the headline gets big enough. Thats major re-election stuff.

I don’t have any problems like that on my iPad (in Safari). I have a 2nd generation iPad Pro. What iPad exactly do you have? Is the software up to date?

Is the iPad under Mobile Device Management or otherwise crippled? Did you try clearing Safari’s cache and cookies yet (it’s the global Settings app)?

Group Leader
@rdn my isp ip lease is pretty stable so far as I know but not a static lease. Tentatively things seem to have normalised after last week's server fix, although I was also away for a week. To that regards it's possible that I passed a certain threshold of content consumption per time period causing ddos mitigation to automatically log out my account as a precaution?

Additional info:
North America
Ipad Air 2
ios 13.3.1
Stock ios safari without plugins.
No MDM
iirc, ipad-chrome was having same issues which is why I switched back to safari.

btw good job last week and cheers.

Group Leader
Eh I graduated 2 years ago, I doubt there’s any proof anyway. Just glad to be done with the place.
@fuzzyk
It’s the iPad Air, which knowing apple is probs an old/ outdated model lol. I have cleared cache and cookies to no avail, took a look around my settings but couldn’t find anything that stood out to me at least.
Oh well, I don’t think I’m tech savvy enough to figure it out or have someone guide me through remotely lol, it that big a deal tho. I don’t use it that often.

Users who are viewing this thread