What kind of manga do you like?

Psychological & horror mostly, but I have times when I just need a light shounen or romance to lighten my mood ~

Horror, thriller, mystery are my absolute favorites, but I'm willing to try everything out!

tl;dr for the wall of text below; I like pretty much anything if I find myself interested in the premise and enjoying execution enough.

If you had asked me 2 years ago I would have said the manly sorta stuff like HnK, JoJo, etc. If you asked me a year ago I would've said mecha like Getter Robo or Gundam: the Origin. If you had asked me 8 months ago I would've said the old ones, favorites being Ashita no Joe, Devilman, and the previously mentioned Getter Robo.
Now? Honestly I don't know, I don't really think I have a preference. I just see what the description is and if it seems interesting I'll read it, sometimes I drop it after a day, sometimes I get hooked and never drop it at all. Hell, 2 years ago I wouldn't have even entertained the mere thought of reading Isekai, even 8 months ago I probably wouldn't have read one. Now here I am waiting for my first volume of the LN "So I'm a Spider, So What?" to deliver because I liked the manga so much. I also remember hating moe, and though I still don't like it when shows center around it, nowadays I don't dislike it nearly as much as I did. If the entire character is just for the purpose of being cute I won't like the character, but if the character has some substance and happens to be cute I wouldn't care at all, I could even see it as a bonus now. It's interesting how much your taste changes when you go out of your comfort zone, and I kinda want to see how others taste has changed as well for curiosity's sake.

Power Uploader
Any kind, provided that it is well written.
It will seem stupid, but for me it does matter that the story is developed in a proper way.
Generally, I tend to prefer everyday life situations (Asano Inio, one of the best contemporary author).
But, even if I usually dislike sci-fi, I admit that Evangelion is a damn good manga. To say that sometimes is difficult to judge a manga basing on the genre

Contributor
Same as above, everything if it's well written
29ood1y.jpg

That mean Nekkutsu are out, most of harem and rom-com shonen like nisekoi are out too, and generally copy-paste story like a lot of Isekai is a big no-no (especially if it have game elements).

Contributor
I like obscure manga that's why MangaDex has been a feast for me. I discover a lot of obscure manga from new uploaded ones.

psychological and mysteries ...

tomodachi game , darwin's game , torture tournament

and some cool action scenes

overlord , inuyashiki , one-punch man

Contributor
Mostly any type as long as i can get into it. Psychological I've had the best luck with but I do have some cutes(la ti na-chan) in my follows.

Power Uploader
I think the more you read in general you come to like other genre's. I didn't much care for Shoujo a first but came around, same with romance and drama. But over the years I've noticed my once Shounen diet has vastly been replaced by a medley of flavors.

Users who are viewing this thread