Wolf Guy - Ookami no Monshou

My favourite manga, by far. Guess I'll have to read it for the god knows what time again. 100% recommendable.

Dex-chan lover
....oh man, I remember this one from way back. Kinda fucked up. Compelling.... but fucked up.

Dex-chan lover
I thought it sucked. Massively. If it had been what it looked like at the beginning, it would have been good. If it had been just a hentai rapefest with lots of violence, that would have been OK on its own terms. But the way it started off looking like a manga that was doing some characterization and was fairly realistic aside from its basic premise--fairly violent, but along the lines of say "Holy Land" with werewolves--and then turned into a stupid unrealistic gorefest which went out of its way to spend chapter after chapter raping and brutalizing the sympathetic female lead . . . it sucked. Could have been good, decided to be crap.

Dex-chan lover
I could have sworn there were rumors about some kind of dispute, which lead to the end developments lol.

But it's all hearsay in the end, I ended up having a good laugh at least.

Start was ok, but devolved into rapey clusterfuck. Story or overall mood has some similarities with Fire Punch.

Still 7/10.. art was decent.

Dex-chan lover
this was decent, start was really promising, but it all went downhill with that rape arc, yes an arc.

Dex-chan lover
I love the fact the the characters are suppose to be middle schoolers. Why would you not just make them high schoolers? None of them are drawn as middle schoolers.

Another good series down voted by vegans who don't like eating at a stake house. You don't rate Yaoi a 1 because you don't like gay sh*t. But people do it with series that contain rape or NTR.

Fed-Kun's army
This manga is good if you are open minded.
it becomes cluster fuck up when you are a bawling baby who holds an ipad and browse vanilla romcom shits that makes the brain rot 2% per day.

Don't listen to anyone cucking out and downvoting because it has rape. The incident was thoughtfully used and had a purpose unlike what others may want you to think. Good, fun read.

@Closedbox

Oh, come on. Your opinion is as biased as that of those that you call "bawling babies", if your profile picture is any indication. Just because someone doesn't enjoy NTR like you doesn't mean they're infantile.

Now, that aside, Wolf Guy isn't really that interesting of a story. Even if you ignore the rape arc, Wolf Guy still isn't something I'd recommend. In fact, if anything, I reckon that most of Wolf Guy's renown is owed to the rape arc; if it weren't for it, there really wouldn't be anything that would set it apart from all those other beat-em-ups. The story, as a whole, is cliché and somewhat predictable (although there were some relatively interesting twists toward the end). It did have some good and interesting moments, but it's not the kind of story I'll keep thinking back to. It'd be unmemorable, really, were it not for the rape arc. If you're out of anything to read and are looking for something to consume and you don't mind neither NTR not rape, feel free to give it a try; otherwise, I wouldn't really reccomend it. I mean, it's better written than most manga coming out nowadays (especially isekai ones), but then again, that's not really hard to accomplished

Finally, just to wrap up, let me address the rape arc. Usually, I'm against downvoting a story simply because it has rape or NTR. Don't get me wrong; I hate rape and NTR (I'm a vanilla-only kind of guy), but as long as they're not the main focus of the story and actually have a purpose, I can put up with it. In this case, yes, I must admit that there was a purpose to the rape and NTR. It was, like Never_Forever put it, thoughtfully used. It wasn't gratuitous and random like in Gal Cleaning. HOWEVER, that's not to say there was no fanservice in Wolf Guy. A rape scene or chapter would have sufficed. The author dragged it on for fanservice purposes, and that I cannot condone. It was too long and too much detail was put into the art. You could argue that it was to better set the tone and show how depraved the situation the heroine was in was, but that doesn't change the fact that although it, in it's essence, gratuitous, it's unnatural length and excessive detailing most definitely was due to fanservice.

Honestly, I wouldn't read it. Even if you ignore everything I've said above, there's also the fact that the suspension of disbelief that Wolf Guy demands from the reader is too much, considering what it's trying to be. There's no way the protagonist and the antagonist are only fifteen years old. Not with their characters design, not with their personality. Were they adults (university students, for instance), this story would have been many times better.

All in all, if you want something that will give you a good read, look elsewhere. If you don't mind rape and NTR and have nothing else to read, then feel free to give it a try. It's not a good story at all, but it's above-average compared to what's coming out nowadays, so reading it won't be a complete waste of time. In any case, the chapters are short and you can easily read all of it in one sitting. Also, although I have yet to read it, I've heard that one of the author's other stories, Akumetsu, is quite good, so you might want to give it a try.

@Closedbox

You're welcome! I hope I provided you with an insightful read. However, do keep in mind that I was planning on writing that review even before I read your comment. Only the first paragraph was dedicated to you, so don't flatter yourself. In any case, I figured that I'd write that just in case any prospective reader decided to check the comment thread before reading the story.

I'm really curious, though. What was the last word word you wrote? It's been completely censored to me (the first one was easy enough to figure out). Or is there someway to disable the censorship?

EDIT: Wait. I just realized something. You were baiting others, right? Are you like Kronix or something?

@Closedbox

Well, fair enough. We're all entitled to our own opinions. It confuses me how you now say you weren't bating anyone when, in your previous comment, you said I got jebaited, but that may be because I'm not familiar yet with the subtleties of jebating.

In any case, you don't need to reply to this. Let's just end this here, considering any further interaction would be meaningless, wasting both of our times, and it's always a good idea to end things in a civilzed way.

Have a good day!

I remember reading and finishing this years back when I was still in the final years of my high school. It was still in OneManga where I found this work and I have to say, I loved it. I am the type of person who does not particularly care if there's rape in a FICTIONAL work. In fact, I celebrate the fact that authors don't feel the pressure to censor their works which should always be the case. Some say this is strange for me as a woman but I know how to separate fiction from reality, as long as the author isn't drawing a real person to humiliate them personally, I say go for it. Anyway, this manga near the end really tugs on your heart strings. I said before, I'm fine with fictional work having rape but this manga made me care about the teacher who I found was a really good character. The teacher was passionate with her job, and for that to happen to her just made me sad. But in the end, it is fictional after all, and bad things do happen in real life and we just have to accept it. Over all, I would recommend this to anyone who's not a snowflake but be warned that it's going to be particularly heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread