High Score Girl

Contributor
Quite the sleeper hit this season. Its compelling in so many ways, even when one of the main love interests doesn't even speak. Haruo's mom is the best mom of the year, and you can't help but root for Hidaka's efforts to get Haruo's attention. For an anime 5 years in the making, what we have here is good. Could be better? Perhaps. But to be honest, this anime series and the fansubbing in the background really is nostalgic. Even if you've never been around for that time.

https://youtu.be/Tbu_7WtAjU8

I've been reading the manga, and the anime adaptation is even better thanks to that sweet Street Figher II music (or approximation, anyway). It's a perfect balance of 90's gaming history and wholesome cartoon romance. Might show it to my nephew so he learns what an arcade cabinet is. They're still around but I got a feeling he thinks they're fancy ATMs. Well, they were sealed up like a bank vault if nothing else. Took a bit of creativity and bent wire to get your coins back (occasionally a few extra would cascade out, that was a good day!).

Dex-chan lover
I mostly skip most of the game talk part. it just feel slow and the voice acting in that part sound bland. The romance have familiar trait of shounen romance. but a good case. not the annoying and beta male. The reunion at the end episode 11 ring me a lot of joy.

And this anime take 5 years, really ? I think the animation full 3d would made it faster and cheaper ?

I really enjoyed it. Definitely brought back the 90s memories and it was really adorable. I haven't read the source material yet.

Users who are viewing this thread